Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS speed build challenge results - posted on 11th Nov 2018 at 8:38 PM
Replies: 15 (Who?), Viewed: 8458 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 9:33 PM
Default Animal Rescue Centre
Since you were a child, you have dreamed of helping animals in need.
After completing education (Either high school or University) you decided to open your very own animal rescue centre, taking in strays and finding them new homes.

You start off with 20,000 Simoleons, an empty lot, and your burning passion to saving the animals.
The lot may be any size, but a bigger one may be preferred so you can expand!

RULES
>Each species of animal must be kept in a different section - dogs in one section, cats in another, etc.
>Keep it as realistic as possible - Ie, if you have horses in your rescue centre, they must be kept in a secure barn and be allowed access to fields.
>Each individual animal must have an area as its own, with their own bed and food bowl, and where they can be locked in during "visiting hours", but they can be let out into a shared outdoor play area outside of visiting hours.
>Visiting Hours is the time when visitors may enter your rescue centre and adopt one of the animals.
>Each time an animal is adopted, you may "Kaching" to add 1000 Simoleons as an adoption fee.
>BUT before an animal can be adopted:
- All animals must learn the "Neat" trait.
- All animals must have green moodlets.

>You may use cheats to make an animal pregnant (to stimulate the idea of a pregnant stray coming into the rescue centre) and every pregnant animal must
be housed separately to ensure they are not disturbed or stressed out - they will need extra human contact to keep their social level up! Ensure
there is enough room for when the babies are born, so they can stay with mum until they have grown up. During this time, mum and young are not
able to be put up for adoption. Once the young have aged up, they, as well as mum, can now be placed for adoption (if they follow the adoption rules),
but the grown up youngsters must now have an area of their own.
>Your sim may NOT get a job! They must survive off the money made from the rescue centre through the adoption fees. They can, however, earn extra money
by completing opportunities, painting, performing musical instruments for tips, writing books, etc.

CAS
>You may add as many sims to your family as you like (I find one easiest to keep in control), but no sims may have a job! They can, however, help
out within the rescue centre.
>Your sim can have any look you want and may have any traits - animal lover would be handy!

POINTS
- Each stray animal added to the rescue centre = +100 points
- Each animal successfully adopted to a family = +100 points
- Each time an animal learns a trick/skill level = +30 points
- Each time an animal dies in the rescue centre = -200 points

If you have any suggestions for points or the rules please comment! Or if you're making any changes for your game, let us know!
And don't forget to share your story here in the comments

Decided to create this challenge after reading a similar one by Simtastic! (Merissa)
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=556386
Lab Assistant
DELETED POST
13th Jun 2015 at 12:29 AM
This message has been deleted by HorseSimmer09. Reason: Blog no longer up and running
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseSimmer09
Hi! I'm going to try this challenge, it sounds really fun! Sadly I don't know how to post pictures on here, and it sounds way to complicated for me anyways. So, instead of postings pictures on here, I created a blog. The link is here .


Awesome! Keep updating here, look forward to reading how yours plans out
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 5:46 AM
I will! I'll try to update soon on the rest of her family and stuff and I'll probably have a story line figured out soon. 😄👌 Thanks for the welcome.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 8:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseSimmer09
I will! I'll try to update soon on the rest of her family and stuff and I'll probably have a story line figured out soon. 😄👌 Thanks for the welcome.

Have you managed to play much?
Test Subject
#5 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 11:25 PM
Oh this sounds fun! I am going to go into game to start it. I'll update when I've got everything set.
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 6:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren_Simmer
Oh this sounds fun! I am going to go into game to start it. I'll update when I've got everything set.


okay so I set it up, played about 4-5 days and then my game crashed so
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 4:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren_Simmer
okay so I set it up, played about 4-5 days and then my game crashed so


Oh no!! How annoying
Test Subject
#8 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 9:02 PM
Hi! I'm thinking of doing this, how do you get other sims to adopt your animals? Do you "put up for adoption" via the phone?
Field Researcher
#9 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 9:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringbearer13
Hi! I'm thinking of doing this, how do you get other sims to adopt your animals? Do you "put up for adoption" via the phone?


@ringbearer13
The "Put up for adoption" option on phone/computer/any other way, will only send them away with an adoption agency thing. You can't technically let other sims of your choice adopt your pets, as that is not in the game's abilities. I am not sure, but I believe in a certain type of Pets game you can sell your animals in a building (only the limited thing I believe). I would suggest bringing in townies to your lot, only once they will start to visit. Let them interact with the animals and then transfer them to the household when ready. You could make up your own ways of this, but that's what I've seen work. You could use edit town to merge the animal into the other family's household, although you'll have to make sure your money stays the same. Once out of edit town use the kaching cheat to give yourself another 1000$ for the "Adoption" of the pets.

"900 years of time and space, and I have never met someone who wasn't important."
Test Subject
#10 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simlover7114
@ringbearer13
The "Put up for adoption" option on phone/computer/any other way, will only send them away with an adoption agency thing. You can't technically let other sims of your choice adopt your pets, as that is not in the game's abilities. I am not sure, but I believe in a certain type of Pets game you can sell your animals in a building (only the limited thing I believe). I would suggest bringing in townies to your lot, only once they will start to visit. Let them interact with the animals and then transfer them to the household when ready. You could make up your own ways of this, but that's what I've seen work. You could use edit town to merge the animal into the other family's household, although you'll have to make sure your money stays the same. Once out of edit town use the kaching cheat to give yourself another 1000$ for the "Adoption" of the pets.


Thank you! I will definitely be doing that! :D
Field Researcher
#11 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 2:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringbearer13
Thank you! I will definitely be doing that! :D


Glad I could help! Hope you have fun playing this challenge!

"900 years of time and space, and I have never met someone who wasn't important."
Test Subject
#12 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 6:12 PM
how do you do this chalange
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 3:31 PM
Okay, so it's been awhile and all since I said I was going to try it. My game kept crashing so I gave up. But now, I'm willing to try it again. I wish everyone luck!
Test Subject
#14 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 1:56 AM
how do you become the pet adoption person in the town??? I mean i have seen it done through a lets play on the sims 3 like a sims 3 lets play of the 100 puppy challenge of the dalmation challenge with cruel de ville
Test Subject
#15 Old 8th Sep 2016 at 1:19 PM
this is sounds like a great challenge! i'll try it out also you can have -100 points for every animal taken away by social worker
Test Subject
#16 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 7:55 AM
how do you do the challenge if there ant no download for it though and is there a cheat for pregnant animals and i never done a challenge before though and i want to try this one out when i watch some one play it on you tube though, plus how do you get them a new home though and i am not good at building house though but i well try to build though
Back to top